Thursday, April 30, 2015

ALYOF: April finish

Where did April go? I have no clue. Oh wait, I've been sick with bronchitis and recovering most of the month. I still haven't completely gotten rid of the cough. Grrrrrr.

I almost reached my goal!
I finished two rows of my Elephant Parade QAL. Looking good, huh?


I really like the tails I added. Their little bums looked bare without a tail for the next trunk in line to hold onto. Don't elephants hold tails with trunks, kind of like mommies hold babies' hands?



Anyway: I cut three lengths of whole embroidery floss (6 strands each), and braided them. Then I cut off the length I wanted, roughly 3", and tied a knot near the end of each tail. Then pin the tail in the desired position on the bum of the elephant, all raw edges together, and sew the sashing to the elephant. Make sure to catch the tail end in the seam, back stitching several times over the tail. I also sewed across the tail at the 1/8" in the seam allowance, too.

I feel like I'm in junior high again, braiding embroidery floss for friendship bracelets, with the starting knot pinned to my pants! LOL !


No comments:

Post a Comment