Friday, July 29, 2016

Flying Geese: Summer Solstice QAL

Hello!

Finally finished my flying geese for the Summer Solstice QAL over at HappyQuiltingMelissa.blogspot.com !


Isn't my flock of geese just gorgeous!?

I really love working with these Island Batiks. They have a wonderful soft, smooth feel, but cut so crisply and accurately.

I'm also working on the HSTs. Pressing and trimming them takes the most time. I really like how nicely the batiks play with the Kona Cotton Solid.


In other news, my husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. We had a relaxing day at home, then left the boys with their uncle to babysit, to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant, La Dolce Vita, in Provo, Utah. It's also where we ate on our first date.

And, today, my ironing board died. I noticed yesterday, while pressing these HSTs, that it didn't want to move and didn't want to adjust up nor down. It seemed really wobbly.

Today, my husband looked over at me while I'm trimming, and sees the ironing board. I cleared the board off, and he lifted it up and lay it down to check it out. Just moving the board across the room, finished it off. All the rivets have popped on the support plates, holding the legs and lifting mechanism together. It won't stand; it can't stay together.

We are going shopping for a new one tomorrow, my husband declared ! Yes, I love him!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are joining in again this time around!!! Your Flying Geese look fantastic!! And Happy Anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete