Sunday, August 25, 2013

MIA

Have you missed me? I miss me!
Either I've been too tired, too busy, too much work, and not enough sewing, or a combo of all of that, to post.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant, and I need to wait till 20 weeks to find out what this baby is! Oh well, it gives me more time to work on my projects! I think I can feel the baby moving occasionally, which is very exciting.

I finished hand-piecing the King's Star at work one day.

I decided to try making bags, so I took the free Craftsy class "Bag-Making Basics". There are great instruction sheets to print off, as well as the video class. I recommend printing the instructions and follow along with the video.



The circle bottoms were hard to sew, especially the outer bag with all the layers, but it was doable.
I took the chance to practice FMQ and the paisleys I learned how to do in Angela Walters' Craftsy class, "Quilting Negative Space". Doing the paisleys has a different rhythm to it than spirals, and uses a lot more thread. There was a lot of draw-in, too. It's not necessary to quilt the outer bag, but i liked it holding the fusible fleece and fabric together and adding some beauty and stability. I think when I make another one, will quilt it more lightly like the first one--with loose spirals or something similar.
These bags are so cute--I can see them as treat bags for Halloween!

Then I started a zipper pocket caddy by Tim Holz for Coats and Clark...it was a free project download from the company e-newsletter. Pretty quick and easy!
I'm wondering of some of the cutting dimensions are typos, because the front panel us shorter than the back pieces!

What should I do? I'm thinking I'll just see the bag around the front piece and cut off the extra back.


No comments:

Post a Comment