Monday, December 9, 2013

Swoon Dot-to-Dot

Oh my! I'm excited!

I've finished stabilizing the Swoon quilt!
That was a lot of work!

Then I basted the Swoon block for the pillow and stabilized it. One block is very fast and easy.



I've been taking Angela Walter's "Dot-To-Dot Quilting" class on Craftsy. It's a lot of fun. I'm very happy she's showing all her designs and techniques on a domestic machine, because that's what I'm working on. I'm a little scared to just take off and go, but using dots for guidelines is helpful to reduce my fears of ugliness and wonkiness.

I made a few copies of the quilt layout from the pattern, and I've been doing lots of sketching with that and plain paper. That helps develop muscle memory, and to get a feel of what designs I like and don't like with the quilt.



Tonight I warned up, studied all the screen shots I made from the class to remind myself how to do it, then I took off!

I'm pretty proud of how it turned out for my first attempt.


And now here's the back:




No comments:

Post a Comment