Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ALYOF--May goal

Hi! This year is flying by!

Little S and the baby woke up as hubby was leaving for the fire station. I nursed the baby back to sleep, and have to sit yawning, waiting for the bus with S, so I'm writing to keep myself awake for a few more minutes.

Here is my goal for May:
1--Quilt and bind the Hugs & Kisses, and finish the teacher gifts. I think I've finally decided what I will do for the rest of them.

Other goals:
2--Piece the Hugs & Kisses bonus quilts: Happy Hearts and the HST bonus in two sizes.
3--Learn how to use the Hearts and More templates and try a project.
4--Quilt some of the Swoon!

I'm almost finished piecing the backing of the Hugs &Kisses quilt. I'm using up all my yardage and remaining fat quarters, as well as remaining x's and oh's that I didn't use. It's going to be the most pieced together backing that I've done so far. I love this Pieces of Hope fabric and I love using it, but it's almost gone and it's really hard to find now!

If you see some, let me know?!

Riley Blake did say they're working on a second edition of Pieces of Hope. I thought it was going to be released this year, but it sounded like there's no release date yet from the Facebook comment reply they made.

Other news: the Home Machine Quilting Show starts today in Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)! It's the biggest show closest to me, and it's a lot of fun. Someday I might be able to take some classes and work on Make and Take projects. This year, I'm planning on attending with my best friend again, and I need to take the baby (hubby will stay home with the older boys). Hopefully, I can find a quiet corner to nurse him.

And here's the school bus! See ya later!

Linking with Sew Bittersweet Design's  A Year of Lovely Finishes
http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/?p=4765

No comments:

Post a Comment