Saturday, May 17, 2014

Crunch time

I'm starting to feel the pressure of two weeks left of school! I was going back and forth so much on what to do for teacher gifts.

My son has a main teacher, and three assistants, and has also been going to a regular 1st grade class for 30-45 minutes a day. That is 5 gifts. And I'm not counting his speech therapist or Occupational Therapist! Ooops. I decided on a completely different idea:

Mug rugs with a mug and either hot chocolate packets, or "cake in a mug" mix.
And the mug rugs will be personalized.

Here's a sneak peek:


Yes, I'm hand stitching, but it's a simple back stitch and it's going quickly.
Then I will attach the handprints to little blocks made from bonus HST from the Hugs & Kisses with the autism fabric. Should be pretty quick quilting and binding them too.

Wish me flying fingers and needles!
(and time to do it, with baby brother having a little cold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment