Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lists

Not much going on around here.
My son started kindergarten yesterday.....6 hours of school and 2 hours of bus ride back and forth. Gonna take some getting used to for all of us; not to mention that I have to get to bed earlier to get up earlier!
My main project right now: trying to get my EZ Dresden Challenge mini-quilt done. Nothing else sewing or quilting is going on until that gets done, since I've got a week and a half before submissions are due. I'm about halfway done machine quilting. And yes, the freemotion stuff is coming last. Quilting flames....yikes! But I've got to get over my fears because I've got two other quilts that I want to do background flames for, that aren't going in a contest....so maybe I should practice with those before doing my challenge quilt ?

In no particular order: ongoing projects:
1--skirt for sister-in-law
2--quilting and finishing the two mini firetruck quilts (does this count as two projects?)
3--Patriotic sampler quilt: 25 blocks done out of 42.

Organizing wants and needs:
1-a plastic drawer cart for overflowing sewing patterns
2--a plastic file drawer cart for overflowing files and quilting stencils
3--stackable drawers for fat quarters or small pieces
4--more mini-bolt-like organizers www.thefabricorganizer.com I got mine at Clotilde, just to see if I like them. I do! I just need more. My problem with my stash is that it's mostly pieces, and mostly clothing-type fabric, not quilting fabric.
5--bobbin storage...need to keep quilting thread bobbins separate from everyday thread. I'm trying to transition from Coats and Clark to Gutermann and Metrosene.

No comments:

Post a Comment