Tonight, I finished the hand-quilting of the Maltese Cross motifs in the corner posts of the fire truck quilts. Then I squared and trimmed the quilts, ready for binding.
During the last week, I wove in two of the Celtic corner knots. I have two more corners, then I can press and appliqué the knots onto the borders.
I was also lucky enough to win a prize from www.worldwidequiltingday.com, as part of their big celebration giveaways. I got a fun Rhombus ruler/template, a pattern to get started using the template, and a cute sampler of Aurifil threads. The thread set is supposed to match the "Comma" fabrics by Zen Chic....with gray, black, orange, cream, bright green, and a cheery yellow. It will be very fun to try new thread!
Oh yeah, and snow came back several mornings this past week, then melted off in the afternoon. The trees have even started budding. I guess Spring wasn't quite ready to come yet.