Friday, April 26, 2013

Finish Friday-To The Rescue

Update:
I have now finished both To The Rescue quilts!
I am entering them in the Bloggers Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side !

http://amyscreativeside.com/2013/05/17/bloggers-quilt-festival-spring-2013






My goal for April was to finish binding the fire truck quilts.
Second goal: finish machine quilting the Starburst. I've got a few days left to work on that goal!

Ok, here's a few informal pictures of my little guy's fire truck quilt. It is "To The Rescue" from Quiltmaker Magazine Sept 2009. Two years in the making for both of these little wall quilts! One for him, and one for big brother. This one achieves my goal! I'm still hand-stitching the binding on the other one, as well as hand-embroidering both labels.

Quilt stats:
Approximately 30x36
Fabrics: Robert Kaufman American Heroes collection, Marbleous in red; yellow Pizazzaz and blenders from Cranston Village; random fat quarters from Joann. They are almost completely twins except for the scrappy fabrics in each truck, and the border fabrics are different (red and red stars)
Thread: Metrosene yellow and Natural for piecing and quilting, Bottom Line by Superior, Superior King Tut in Chariots of Fire, variegated yellow by Star Machine Quilting Thread
Techniques: Paper-Piecing, piecing, fusible appliqué circles, machine quilting
Pieced and quilted entirely by me, Rachell Reilly, on my Bernina Domestic machine.
Reason: for my two little sons for wall and play quilts, because daddy is a firefighter.




4 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I just love it. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is great but your little guy steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt, i like this very much:)))

    ReplyDelete