Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Invisible stabilizing

Hey hey hey! I finished the Celtic appliqué on the Quilt U Be Mine borders! Yay! Happy dance! Whee!

I'm really glad that I decided to try the invisible nylon thread for the top on the appliqué. It's a bit shiny, but otherwise pretty invisible through all the different shades of red and pink.

I also got started on stabilizing the Starburst.
I decided to go ahead and try stabilizing with the invisible thread on top, and variegated purple Star cotton machine quilting thread in the bobbin. So far, I'm loving it! Even with the stitch-in-the-ditch guide on the walking foot, sometimes the stitching still turns out wobbly off and on, not quite in the ditch sometimes. That's not noticeable with the invisible thread! Hooray!

I might not get much done the next few days, because I'm working the next two days.
Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment