Monday, April 8, 2013

long time

I originally posted this post on April 4. it accidentally posted to my private blog, not my quilting one!

I know, I know, it's been a few weeks since I posted. One, I haven't felt like I've made a lot of progress on my projects. Two, I've been able to pick up more hours at work lately. But I have done more than I think I have.

Here's my Starburst baby quilt all pin-basted today.

I've been slowly stitching on the Celtic appliqué. I need to sew a bit slower because of the bulk of the quilt top and sewing along so many curves, long curves, and both edges of the bias tape. I also need to sew slower because I decided to use nylon invisible thread, and it's stretchier than regular cotton....hence the need to go a bit slower. I used invisible clear nylon on top, with Gutermann sew-all polyester in a medium red in the bobbin, so it will blend with the bias tapes in case it peeps through the needle holes.

I have also started hand-stitching the binding on the fire truck quilts.

Ok, that's my progress report, and now I need to report to bedtime. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment