Sunday, June 2, 2013

June goals

I was pretty happy with what I accomplished yesterday.

Here is my first Pieces of Hope Swoon block!

I love it! What's more, I showed it my little guy and the smile on his face was priceless! I said, "This is going to be part if your new quilt! Do you like the star or the red?" He smiled and said "red!"

Now my goal for June for the Swoon is to purchase background and backing. I'm thinking Kona. The Riley Blake solid red I found was lighter weight than the collection prints, and still $8.00-$10.00 a yard!

By the way, any tips for cutting fat quarters? I like to start with a straight edge, and trimmed as little as possible, but I still didn't have quite enough orange stripe for the last two flying geese, as you can see.

I also got the Dresden fans pieced for the next ring of the Maltese Dresden station quilt.

My goal for June is to get the paper-piecing for the vehicles accomplished.

I also plan to piece the rest of my patriotic sampler blocks during June.

1 comment: