Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Peteetneet Quilt Show

I woke up late, still exhausted, and feeling chilled, again. What is up? The antibiotics?

I finally got ready for the day and headed out around noon, telling my boys the rules for quilt shows as we drove. 
Walk, Hands to self, No Hiding, Stay with Mom. The Peteetneet building is only 2 miles away. I didn't get a lot of time to enjoy the quilts because of needing to keep track of my boys.  At least they followed some of the rules I gave them. They did enjoy the quilts in their own way, I guess.

My favorites:
--beautiful paper-pieces stars with Patriotic quotes in alternating squares, with Patriotic colors, made to honor a young man in our community that just died in the war in Afghanistan and just came home to be buried last week. Another quilt was made for his family right next to that one, with his picture in between.
--a beautiful Fireworks quilt, pattern by Camille Roskelly. I don't know who made it, but it was gorgeous in sunset oranges, soft pinks and whites, and bed-sized.

And I have to say, it felt good to see my own work up on a wall in a show. And it was gratifying that my little boys recognized the ones I made!



Pardon the fuzzy pictures and poor lighting--the building is very old, and I guess the volunteer hostess doesn't know how to focus an iPhone camera even after I showed her.  :-)

After the park, lunch at the park, and a chocolate milk run to the store, we got the mail. Hot and windy day. My package from Intrepid Thread came!  Julie had some great sales for Father's Day, and I couldn't resist. And she shipped them so quickly!


She always sends a cute charm square or two...I feel like it's my birthday in the mail because she wraps my fabric up in tissue paper and a pretty fabric bow and card!

I took the picture and realized my order was all blue this time. LOL. More of my favorite Cuzco, and blue puzzles from Pieces of Hope Autism. The blue puzzles print will be pieced with red puzzles print for the back of the Swoon quilt.

What a great day, but I'm bushed and time to lay under the fan and chill with the boys in front of a movie for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment