Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quilt Show entry: Starburst and To The Rescue

Good Sunday and Happy Father's Day!

I didn't have time to post, but Tuesday on the way to work, I entered two of my recent quilt finishes in the Peteetneet Quilt Show in Payson, Utah. It is a small, non-juried show put on by our local Peteetneet Arts Council. Peteetneet was a local Indian chief who lived in this area with his tribe when the LDS pioneers settled in this area around 1850's I guess. They named the first school after him, and that big school is still standing and is the local "museum" and artsy events are held there.

I entered Starburst in the baby quilt category, and To The Rescue in the wall-hanging category. You should have heard the coos from the quilt ladies gathering the entries, as they saw my paper-pieced fire trucks!







It doesn't seem like I've been quilting much, but I have. I just haven't had time to share. I'm on a second round of antibiotics for a sinus infection, and I've been working a lot of swing shifts and grave shifts--like last night: 6 pm to 6 am. I'm awake now and cleaned up at 4:30 pm, but only just functional. I did stick a roast and potatoes in the crock pot before I went to bed this morning, and frozen rolls are thawing on the counter, so the house smells wonderful. Dinner shouldn't be too much work now.

I was able to get three more blocks cut for my Swoon.

I was able to get the Dresdens assembled, appliqués, and the ring sewn onto Maltese Dresden. It's growing and looking great!


2 comments:

  1. Well you have been a busy busy girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations,Your quilt is awesome!!.
    I still handquilting mine and hope to finish it before next month.

    ReplyDelete