Friday, August 1, 2014

ALYOF: July Finish

I accomplished some of every goal!

--I finished one block and almost finished a second block for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler



--I finished ditch-stitching the Star medallion Autism quilt; it's now ready for FMQ.



--I have nearly finished the first block of my Hawaiian-style appliqué.


And look at this lovely bundle of rainbow fat quarters from Studio E ! I won one of their weekly giveaways! I love the tonal swirl print.


This bundle is going to help me make a Jaybird Quilts' Night Sky quilt! Whee!


I also celebrated my hubby and I's 10th wedding anniversary this past week. Holy cow, where did the time go? Although, I guess in being married and sealed for eternity in the temple, 10 years isn't a lot. But I still love and live for the flame of my life, and look forward to forever too.

Notes on my wedding dress: yes, I sewed my own wedding dress, and my aunt sewed my veil for me to match my dress.
My dress was white satin charmeuse with overlays of white chiffon. Three tiers of layered bell sleeves. Two tiers of layered skirt with the charmeuse and chiffon...and I loved the slight train that it created, puddling gracefully around my feet. I finished the V neckline with clear rhinestone trim, and the bell sleeves are rolled hem on my serger with white and white iridescent wooly nylon  thread (the edges of the veil are finished that way too by my request).
French seams are not hard! Just slippery with charmeuse!



2 comments:

  1. Your wedding dress is gorgeous...my mother made mine.

    You won my July giveaway....

    ReplyDelete