Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sister Swap received!

My "It's a Sister Thing" swap gift came in the mail the other day. It was such fun opening it with little brother...he loves presents, too! We were both excited.

My gift came from Melissa at www.sewgreenm.blogspot.com. Her note was so sweet as she explained her choices.

First, a fun Christmas-themed Loony Toons apron. I enjoy cooking and baking, and I can just see myself having fun this Christmas, making my hubby's favorite butter cookies in this apron!


See that adorable little Christmas stocking? How sweet of Melissa to think of the upcoming baby and something to represent it for this Christmas.


Then, she created this darling rainbow charm receiving blanket! It has a bright yellow fleecy backing. It will be perfect whether I'm having a boy or a girl.
An added fun note?! This exact purple paisley is one I recently used for another baby quilt. I still have some left, because I love it. Little brother recognized it, too.




Little brother had to sit and point and tell me all the colors of the rainbow with this quilt.

And lastly, Melissa included two pieces of fabric from her stash. One is a darling pink/brown stripe, and the other a blue with stars and streamers--very patriotic and boy-looking, too. How thoughtful of her to include pieces I could incorporate into my sewing/quilting wish list for the baby, whichever gender it turns out to be.



All-in-all, a very fun mail day!  Thank you so much, Melissa!

I can't wait until my sister receives her package. I'm not going to tell who it is, until I see her posting!



3 comments:

  1. Just wonderful. I'm sure you will enjoy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that you like it!

    That's too funny about that purple paisley!! I have had that for years, I love purple, and bought SO much of it!!

    ReplyDelete